The Log cabin at White Spring Ranch was moved from the neighbor’s property to this site in 1924. John Lorang’s neighbor Goswin Sievert had hand hewn a beautiful full-dovetailed log cabin. It still had it’s original roof. John numbered the logs and moved it piece by piece in a wagon, over the hill North of White Spring Ranch, 1/2 mile, and rebuilt it with pulleys and horses. Here is a story of Goswin Sievert in the Illustrated History of North Idaho, 1903. pg. 1. This information was discovered in the journals by U of Idaho History student, Matt Ruth. Les Lorang, son of Charles, returned a journal belonging to John Lorang, which included the log cabin description in 1924.