In 1890, John Lorang and his brother Theodore combined efforts to buy a piece of land just South of the farm. The land had belonged to John’s old friend William White and his wife Mary. When William passed away, John and Theodore bought the land and old farmhouse on the property. There is overwhelming circumstantial evidence that they then proceeded to divide the old White farmhouse in 2 halves and pull them with horses to make 2 additions to John’s homestead farmhouse. One addition was added on the West side of the home and one on the North side. Now John had extra room for his growing family and additions that were older than the homestead. The White farmhouse was patented from the government in 1875. In honor of his friend, John named the Ranch the White Spring Ranch.